Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy March!

Hi family and friends. . .

Just another quick reminder that it is Carlee's birthday on Saturday. So if you get a chance, send her a card or a note. She would love to hear from any of you.

She sounds great and is at her half way mark this next week which I don't think she is too happy about. It is going much too fast for her. Have a great week and thanks for all your love and support.

LaDawn



Dear Family:

Thanks for the birthday emails! I forgot it was this week. I hit my half way mark and turn 23 all in one week. How rotten is that! Let’s just skip this week. Ha ha. Sometimes time just goes to fast!

I was heartbroken to hear about the earthquake in Chile! When we found out we called President and thankfully by that time all the mission presidents had reported back that the missionaries were safe. I was SO grateful! Hermana Blackham has a great work cut out for her! I know that the message she shares will bring the most comfort to Chile right now and I’m grateful that she’s safe! There are people who will finally be ready to accept the gospel.

Speaking of finding people prepared for the gospel we found a family that is ready to receive the lessons! The Lord is preparing people everywhere! They are an older couple and they have a grown handicapped son living with them. They are some of the neatest people! She is an ex-nun! Ha ha. The image of Maria in the Sound of Music should come to mind. Her personality is almost the exact same! She told us stories of how she would sing while cleaning the bathrooms and get in trouble, and how she would talk at dinner when they were supposed to be silent. I just love them and am excited to teach them. Their son, Georgie, reminds me a lot of Ryan. I know that their experience with him is at least partially how they have been prepared for the gospel. I’ll keep you updated.

So we had a fabulous week! We had six of our investigators at church! It was great! Taylor finally made it! She’s the 12 years old whose mom gave her permission to take the lessons. We took Chrissy Rampton over to one of our lessons. It turns out they are in the same class at school and have become good friends. Chrissy is so cute! When we dropped her off after our lesson she told us now she “REALLY” wants to go on a mission! She’s 11, so only 10more years to go. (I included a picture of Sis. T, Taylor, Chrissy, and Sis. G.)

Another highlight this week was one of our lessons with Ji Soo and Hannah. Since they have hardly any religious background we are trying to help them understand a little bit more about the nature of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We were reading through 3 Nephi 17 and Hannah read verse 20 where is says that Christ’s joy was full because of the faith of the people. She gasped and told us that is her new favorite verse. I asked her why and she said, “When I read it I felt this tingly feeling.” The Spirit in that room with those two sweet girls was powerful! We asked them what they learned about Christ from reading about how He healed the people and blessed the children. Ji Soo answered saying “that Jesus loves us.” Oh man! You’re right He does! It was so simple, but such a rewarding experience! That is why we’re out here! To invite others to come unto Christ!

Yesterday in church someone mentioned the difference between “knowing about the Lord,” and “knowing the Lord.” I’ve thought a lot about that. If we are diligently studying and attending our meetings we learn much “about” Him but do we take the time to apply it in our relationship with Him? I was SO grateful Hannah was able to feel that feeling when she read that scripture! It starts with the simple testimony of the Spirit.

I wish I could tell you more about the week but I’m out of time! I love you lots and lots and lots! Hopefully time slows down soon!

Sister Painter

P.S. I included some pictures of the Ninja game we played at the Hebdon’s. I’ll have to teach the family when I get home! You’ll love it!

P.P.S. Next week is transfers so I'll email on Tuesday. Just a friendly reminder.



No comments: