Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Got Transferred!

Family!

I got transferred! I moved to the next area over from Fairfield. It’s the West Chester ward. It was a big move! Ha ha. And guess who is my new companion!?! Sister Thacker! We are way excited.

Sister Martineau went home today. I’m glad it’s not my time yet! I love serving as the Lord’s missionary! There is nowhere else I would rather be right now. Saying good-byes to our ward and investigators yesterday reminded me how much I love this work! I’ve never felt so attached to people I’ve known for so short a time.

Mary is doing really well. She is still having a hard time getting the energy and strength to get around, but she is amazing! Our good-bye was hard! I will miss her dearly! Her testimony has inspired my testimony! Each time we talked to her she would reflect on the blessing of understanding the gospel brings into our lives! We are so blessed to have “all the answers.” Mom, I gave her some of the Christmas Nativity pictures you sent me for Christmas. She opened them up and just started crying. They meant the world to her! I just wanted to say thanks for sending them!

We had another neat experience with a woman named Betty. She was a former that Sister Thacker and I had tried to visit months ago, but she wasn’t sure she even wanted to know what we had to say. Well Sister Martineau and I showed up on her doorstep one morning with Sister Haruch and she invited us in to talk to her. She finally opened up to us and explained that she had a terminal illness and she’s been contemplating what is going to happen after she dies. She explained that she had offered a prayer the night before wondering about the church again and “ta dah” here we were on her doorstep! See! The Lord DOES answer prayers! And he gives us every opportunity to accept his message!

I don’t have a lot of time today, but I want you to know I love you! And I want you to know how much I love this work! This truly is the season to remember our Savior’s love and infinite sacrifice for us. Oh how I love him!

Here is my new address: 7441 Timber Dr #9 Cincinnati, OH 45241.

It sounds like things have been CRAZY at the house! Thanks for the pictures! I love seeing what is going on with the family! I printed your email and will reply by mail when I get home!

Oh and mom, I’m not sure about the phone calls yet. We haven’t heard anything. I let you know when I know! Don’t worry! Ha ha.

I love you!

Sister Painter

No comments: