Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Miracles Everyday!

Hello Family!

Mom, I’m so glad you are feeling better this week! I’ve been praying for you!
And Dad, I can’t believe there is an In-n-out in Orem! Who would have thought the day would come?! Now be wise! Your heart can only handle so many greasy cheeseburgers and shakes for breakfast! ha ha

Can I just tell you… I love my job! This is truly the best place to be! So do you want to hear another neat story? Mary and her granddaughter Tori were supposed to come to church on Sunday. We had a ride set and everything ready. Sunday morning came and Sister Haruch (Mary’s ride) called and said Mary had an emergency and wouldn’t be able to come. But none of us knew what happened. We tried to call Mary on Sunday then stopped by her house on Monday but no one was home (which is unusual). So we continued on with our plans on Monday and that evening ended up at the hospital visiting one of the ward members. We were about to leave and were waiting for the elevators right when Mary’s son, Rob, walked out of the elevator we were about to go down. We chatted with him for a minute and then asked why he was there. Mary had to be admitted to the Hospital Sunday night because she had a minor stress-induced stroke! We were able to go and see her and it really was a miracle.

Some things had happened on Sunday that she became overwhelmed with and her blood-pressure soared, and she experienced a minor stroke. We had no idea she was there. But Heavenly Father knew exactly where she was and made sure we would find her. Isn’t that amazing! We had fun reminding her of how we found her originally. We were driving by one day and the Spirit told Sister Thacker that we needed to “Stop!” so we did and got out of the car and started tracting her street. Two doors later we found Mary.

I know I say this EVERY week, but Heavenly Father truly is aware of each of us. He wants us to be happy and he will give us every opportunity to do so. If I’ve learned anything since I’ve come on my mission it is that. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are literally His children and if we follow His plan we will find true joy! As Kierston would say, “What a blessing!”

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Week! Except for I don’t really need to eat for the next week! Oh man! We ate so much food! We were invited over to less-actives for “Turkey lunch” then an hour later we went and had “Turkey dinner” at a member’s home. And then went to Mary’s for our third dessert! It was great!

Thank you for the Christmas package! We have our Christmas tree all set up! We couldn’t stop laughing while we were taking it all out. We loved it! Thanks you so much!

I sure love you all! I really, really do! And I LOVE this work! Have a good week!

Sister Painter

No comments: