Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Spirit has been amazing!



Here is Carlee's current address! She only has two months left and would still love to hear from any of you.

Sister Carlee Painter
30 Farquhar Drive, #7
Wilmington, OH 45177

Have a GREAT DAY!

LaDawn


Hello Family!

It sounds like you had a busy week! Brandon, Mom sent the picture of your football game. You look so good in your uniform. You’re taller than everyone but Grandpa Jim! So unfair. I guess I have to find a new wrestling buddy. There is no way I’m going to try and wrestle you!

So the Wilmington update: The adversary makes me so mad sometimes. Grrrrrr. Shawn had a pretty tough week. We had to postpone their date, but sweet Judy is as optimistic as ever. She knows she received an answer from the Lord and no one can take that away. So we are still working and praying.

Although it’s been a tough week the Spirit has been amazing! We had an inspired zone conference with the three Cincinnati zones on Wednesday. I love gathering with other missionaries because the Spirit is always so powerful! And then the Relief Society Broadcast on Saturday was incredible! Were you able to go to that Mom? My very favorite line was when Sister Allred said, “All [the Lord] asks is your best. He needs every one of us.” That thought has stuck with me all through the weekend. One of my greatest struggles has been thinking my effort isn’t enough, but I’m starting to understand that the Lord really is happy with any effort we make to grow closer to Him and to serve His children. So your right Mom, all you have to do is try hard. :)

I am so excited for general conference this weekend! I can’t believe its time for it again! I know that what we hear from the speakers is what the Lord wants us, His children, to know right now so that we can prepare ourselves physically and spiritually. And I know that when will really study and follow the counsel given we are blessed! What an amazing time to be alive! I know Saturdays are busy but will you make it a point to listen to all of general conference this weekend! (Even if you have to record that Saturday sessions) And just think, I’ll be right here in Ohio watching it with you. :)

I love you! And I really, really, really love this gospel! Miracles happen when we live what we’ve been taught!

Sister Painter

P.S. Sister Sunderland and I are still watching for the mail. :)

No comments: