Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, October 4, 2010

I’m pretty sure General Conference was directed right to ME!


Dear Family:

I don’t know how they do it every time but I’m pretty sure General Conference was directed right to ME! (haha… and the rest of the world of course) It was AMAZING! We (my companion and I) needed those words so badly. It was a really tough week. Unfortunately Shawn has decided to trust the anti websites more than us and it’s really been heartbreaking. But I am SO grateful for the wisdom and counsel given to us by prophets, seers, and revelators! It brings so much comfort!

As for Shawn, Elder Anderson was right on when he said that “the road of discipleship is not for the spiritually weak in heart.” It really does require everything we are and everything we have to give. I am grateful how Elder Anderson reassured us that “the doubt of others does not have to impede the spiritual progress of the rest of us.” And how Elder Edgely taught, ‘If your testimony is insecure- CHOOSE to experiment… let faith bridge that gap.” My mission has really taught me that living the gospel takes everything you have. If at anytime I feel like it’s easy and I’m just getting it down I realize I’m not doing something right. :) I have also become very aware that there are always doubters and more often than not their doubts are logical. But we can “choose faith over doubt, faith over fear” and faith to try. When it comes right down to it (quoting Sister Gunderson… she would always say that) faith is a choice. So one day, I have complete confidence Shawn will realize that.

I love this gospel. I really, really, really do. I loved President Monson’s talk on gratitude and I loved how Elder Holland demonstrated that in his talk! Wasn’t that the sweetest thing in the world!

Mom and Dad… I am so grateful for your incredible support over the last few years. I am grateful Mom for your trust in the inspiration and revelation the Lord gives you. That example has meant so much to me! Thank you for always being there to encourage and uplift, not just me, but everyone I see you with. That is one quality I admire so much about you! Dad, thanks for putting up with me… ha ha… and for always pushing me to be the best I can AND reminding me to be patient and kind with myself. (I’ve had to do your spider graphs several times on my mission… ha ha) I couldn’t have been blessed with better parents! I am grateful for the sacrifices you’ve made to take care of our family, and I am especially grateful for the Christ-like examples you’ve set. I love you both dearly!

Have fun in Florida! Tell Riley I still love him even though we lost to Utah State! Lots of Love!

Sister Painter

No comments: