Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, July 27, 2009

Great, The Week Went By Fast!

July 27, 2009

Hello from the Ohio!

I'm just going to copy and paste all of your questions mom and see how many I can get to.

So How Is My Most Favorite Sister Missionary in the Whole World?
AMAZING! It's incredible how a small change of attitude can change your life! At least your mission! I've been trying so hard to "forget myself" and miracles happen when you do! Especially since it’s the Lord's work, I just get to be apart of it.

So how has your week been?

Oh its been so good! It went by fast! That's probably because we've actually had lots to do this week. Amazing how that happens. We're finally finding new people to teach and it's been so much fun! We met this wonderful woman named Marlisha, she has two kids that are great! Each time we've been there the Spirit's been so strong. She doesn't have a lot of religious background, but she has LOTS of questions. It was her daughter's question that amazed me. She's 10 and she asked her Mom a few days before we came over if we keep our families in heaven, because if not she didn't want to go. That's deep for a 10 year old. So when we were there Marlisha had her ask us. There was an incredible spirit when we were able to answer! Because we KNOW families can be together forever! And that families are an eternal principle. It was powerful!

Are you doing the driving or your companion?

Both. We got special permission for me to drive since I get so blasted carsick.

What time is your church?

2-5pm. It's funny when we invite people to church and we tell them what time.
They're all shocked, probably cause they can't go golfing then. :)

How far is the building?

To far for budgeting miles. grrr. Probably 6 miles away, round trip 12, twice a Sunday 24. See... WAY to many miles!

Do you go to more than one ward?

No, we are assigned to the Fairfield ward. The Zone Leaders are also the Elders assigned to our ward.

How big is the ward area wise and people wise?

I have no idea. Sorry. BIG area, smaller congregation. Probably because its summer and they are all on vacation. But we'll be adding to it soon. :)

Do you have a washer and dryer in your apartment?

YES! It's wonderful!

Have you been feeling okay (headaches and being sick)?

I get migraines every night, go to bed, wake up every few hours, then around 6:00 am its gone. Just in time to go exercise at 6:30! :)

Are your clothes working our okay?


GREAT!

Are your shoes comfortable?

When they aren't wet! It's been raining every day! EVERY DAY!

Anything you want me to get for you?

LETTERS FROM PEOPLE!
I hate not knowing what's going on. I'm such a nosey person I'm discovering!

Phew. I got through them all.

This week we also visited Graters Ice Cream for our first time! It was AMAZING! It's the only place in the world they make ice cream this way. And then I looked at the nutritional facts. I won't tell you what it said. That is why we eat it with baby spoons. :)

I also got to see Elder Johnston this week in passing. I found out he is in an area called "over the rhine." It's been voted the "most dangerous neighborhood" in the US. ha ha! He has some sweet stories!

So thanks mom for the pepper spray!

I sure love you!

And I love this work!

Love,

Sister Painter

No comments: