Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Much Better Week. . .

(This letter is a little late on Carlee's blog this week because Tom and I have been out of town. Thanks for being patient. Carlee is doing much better this week. If anybody would like to drop her a letter or package, just email me at
ladawn79@hotmail.com and I will be glad to email her address too you.)

Thanks, LaDawn



July 13, 2009

Hello from the Ohio!

I'm on my second week in Fairfield now!

I've learned so much in the last two weeks!

The first week was hard. It really tested me. But I'm so grateful for prayer! And I'm so grateful for repentance! I remember one of my MTC teachers telling us that the first six weeks would be brutal, so he reminded us to just let the Lord mold you. Be humble enough that He can teach you what you need to know, and what you need to do. Unfortunately, I was compelled to be humble. Just like when Alma was teaching the Zoramites and he talks about how its better to be humble than to be compelled to be humble. And yet its better to be compelled to be humble than not humble at all. :) (Alma 32ish) Well hopefully I can be sufficiently humble now that I went through that meat grinder of a first week! I would rather not do that again!

Last week was SO much better! Of course that was probably because the major attitude change I had. I LOVE this work! I love having a full-time job that is literally service. I get to serve all day!

Since Sister Thacker and I got double transfered here we are still figuring out the area and meeting the people. We only have two progressing investigators right now. They are both from Ghana. Who said Ohio wouldn't be a cultural experience! ha ha! We're experiences all sorts of cultures!

A lot of the work out here is with less-actives. And there is a lot of work to be done! We've met a lot of them finally, so now the work begins! Keep them in your prayers!

Honestly, this week has been a lot of finding and teaching (aka knocking doors). My favorite part of the week was knocking doors in the downpour rain we had a few days in a row! It was fabulous! People thought we were crazy as we stood on their doorstep and shared our message standing in the rain. But our message is just that important! I wish I had time to tell you some of the neat experiences we had. Hopefully next week! Just know that the Lord is preparing people to receive his gospel! And I LOVE it!

Will you thank Molly for the fabulous "greenie" package! It was great. Well mostly it was green!

And those flowers you sent were WONDERFUL! The second I saw them I knew what it was and I just about started crying. (Actually I think I did!) They came at just the right moment! I sure love them!

And I love you!

And I love this work!

Sister Painter

D&C 123:17!

No comments: