Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, July 6, 2009

It's Been A Hard Week!

Mom and Dad:

I am so sorry, but I don't think I can answer ALL of those questions. :) You've been talking to Anna huh. I've seen her letters to Jake. Let me go through them and see what I can get to. Look below in your original message.

To be honest, it's been rough. I've really struggled this week. I knew it would be hard. But I didn't expect this.

The work in our area is slow. It doesn't seem like there is much happening. So I guess it will be a good challenge for the next couple of months. I'm trying to stay enthusiastic, but I'm not doing so hot.

I'm not going to have time to write anything for everybody else. My internet time is up. But I'm so grateful for you and dad.

I love you lots.

(I get letters every day of the week not just mondays! so please send some! :)

Send them to my apartment address!)

Sister Painter



These are some of the questions she answered for us. Her time goes by very quickly on the computer.

Carlee: (SISTER PAINTER)

So how are things going this week?
I'm alive!

Are you starting to get a little settled?
Depends on the moment.

I suppose they don't give you much time.
You just jump in with both feet running.

Were you able to get your bedding and the things that you needed?
Yes. And that pillowcase Sister Pallas sent me has been the best thing this whole week!

Do you have a car?
Yes, all the missionaries have cars. The Elders get less miles and have bikes as well. We have to budget our miles because we only get so many each month.
Speaking of cars, did you get the jeep fixed?

Were you able to get food and things okay for your apartment?
Yeah, I'm not going hungry. Promise.

Have you figured out how they are working your money?
We have a credit card with approx. 150 dollars for groceries for the month.

Where is your companion from?
Arizona. Another reason she reminds me of Mary Adele.

How far is the church building?
Too many miles. :)
Especially when we go there a couple of times on Sunday.

Did you do anything on the 4th or was it just a regular day?
Regular day. Except we could hear all the fireworks.

Brittany's Wizard of Oz play was cute and she did a great job. She said her lines loud and clear.
I WANT PICTURES!!!

So are you getting used to your new missionary life?
Not really. :)

How is your companion?
She's nice. She's doing her best too.

It is interesting that you are with such a new sister. Maybe because
there aren't that many sisters in your mission.

No because there are several that have been here longer. I guess it was inspiration. Hopefully I figure it out one day.

Do you need me to send you out anything yet or are you okay?
I'm okay. Just send some love.

That all the questions I can get too.

Well, we have been thinking about you this week and hoping all was going well getting settled in. We miss you, but are so proud of you!!!

As Neal A. Maxwell puts it -

"Let us. . .notwithstanding our weaknesses, be reassured that everyday keeping of the commandments and the doing of our duties is what it is all about."

Keep smiling and working hard!

Love you lots,

Mom

No comments: