Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Finding. . .

Sorry this is a few days late. We have been in Florida playing at Disney World for the last 9 days. We couldn't get this done until we got home tonight. So enjoy. . .all sound well in Sister Painter's world. LaDawn

Dear Family:

I’m following up to see if you read the Members doing Missionary Work article in this month’s Ensign. Did you do it? And don’t tell me, “We were out of town on vacation.” What a perfect opportunity! Did you even take pass along cards with you? Ha ha. I hope you are having fun in Florida! I bet it’s twice as hot and humid there than here! It’s been beautiful. Although a little cold for Sister Thacker. :)

We had a fabulous week! Can you believe I’ve been out for four months!

We found 5 new investigators this week! It sounds low for some missions, but for Sister Thacker and I right now they were such a blessing! We’ve been praying for new investigators! It was a tender mercy too, because we’ve been praying to find a family to teach: father, mother, kids. And we found one! They were a HQ referral for a bible. When we delivered it we had a wonderful conversation about the Book of Mormon! And they were open and excited to read it! Prayers are answered!

On Saturday, our friend Becky taught us how to make Pierogi with her mom. It’s a Polish dish made out of egg noodle dough with cottage cheese, onions, eggs, and all sorts of crazy stuff. But it was delicious. See Ohio is pretty cultural huh!

Our funny for the week was when we were out tracting and were invited in by a woman who was from Africa. She let us in but had no intention of listening to us. We were in there for 45 minutes being lectured about not being misled by false prophets. She read from the bible in 1 Kings 13 and said we were making a big mistake. All we could do was bear our testimony. When I did she said, “I love your sincere heart, but even the terrorist are sincere.”

Well I don’t know much, but I do know that we have a loving Heavenly Father! That He has a plan for us! Jesus Christ is central to that plan! And oh how I love both of them with all of my heart. I know that they are preparing us for great things to come and because of that God called Joseph to be a prophet and restore the gospel and the priesthood to the Earth.

…And I’m being sincere!

I love you lots!
Sister Painter

No comments: