Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, October 19, 2009

I love this work!

Dear Family:

Well last week was hard, but now we have a new week ahead! What a blessing! I’ll tell you the highlights of last week:

Our lesson with Martin and Suzzy was amazing! Bishop and Brother Jungkunz came and helped Martin work through a lot of his concerns. The Spirit was strong! I love that! Sister Thacker and I walked away practically floating on air!

Our lesson with Julie and Vicky Weisenberger was fabulous! They have been working with the missionaries for awhile to get back to church. I love them! We gave them the Book of Mormon Challenge that President Hinckley gave the church a few years ago to read the whole Book of Mormon from the time of General Conference (October) to the end of the year. Julie is tearing it up! She’s amazing! (Picture included) She labeled every single book in her scriptures! Isn’t that sweet! She told us she reads almost an hour and a half every night! If only we all did that!

I got to play playdough with Adela, which is always a highlight of my week. (Picture included) Adela loves when we come over! Her mom is a less-active we're working with. It always seems that we get there and I end up playing with Adela for an hour while Sister Thacker talks to her mom. haha.

We had another cottage meeting at the Junkunz’s home last night. I sent a picture of Cassie and I that we took last night. Cassie was just baptized earlier this year. (I love her!) Sister Thacker and I gave the lesson on President Monson’s conference talk. We handed everyone a “warm fuzzy” and committed them to do an act of service for someone this week. The world would be such a better place if we just turned our hearts outward to help others more! And it doesn’t have to be a big thing.

This might sound silly, but another highlight this week was doing Coranetta’s dishes. She’s been feeling a little overwhelmed so before we left Sister Thacker and I rolled up our sleeves and did quickly cleaned her kitchen. What I loved was watching Coranetta getting motivated and feeling a little bit better. Sometimes all it takes is something small, but the Lord truly will work through us if we let him.

So anyone that is reading this, I’m committing you to do an act of service for someone this week, especially someone that you might not see or serve regularly. (So the kids don’t count Mom. ha ha) I know that when you do you’ll realize your own capabilities to be the Lord’s hands.

Even though the week was hard my little “miracle” journal still has many entries everyday. The Lord is in the details of our lives… even as missionaries.

I love you lots and lots.
…except for we seem to be in a mail drought. What’s up with that? :)

Sister Painter

No comments: