Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend!

Hi Family!

I’m so glad you got to go to a session of conference with the Tuckermans! It looked like fun! Wasn’t conference incredible! I can’t stop thinking about it! It was power-packed!

All of us (missionaries) can’t get over Elder Holland’s talk about the Book of Mormon! He nailed it! He boldly proclaimed his testimony to the world that the Book of Mormon is inspired of God! He taught me more by his example than anything! He taught powerfully by the Spirit. He taught the simple truths of eternity. And he shared with the world his witness that he had found out these things for himself and challenged everyone else to do the same.

I LOVE the Book of Mormon! I know that it is inspired of God. One of my favorite quotes from Elder Holland is that, “A wicked man couldn’t have written it and a good man wouldn’t have unless he was inspired by God to do it.” And it’s true. I’m continually blown away at the beauty of it. Eternal truths are intricately woven into a complex narrative of God’s chosen people, and yet even the simplest minds can read it and “grow closer to God” (Intro to the Book of Mormon). It truly is a literary masterpiece! And there is no way Joseph Smith could have written it on his own accord in the 82 days (ish) that it took him to translate it. What’s even more profound to me is that those promises recorded to ancient Book of Mormon prophets are for us today! They were writing to US! I remember last year when Elder Holland spoke at a CES Fireside and declared that, “Heavenly promises are always kept.” I’ve considered that statement time and time again as I read the Book of Mormon.

I’m so excited for our family to read it again! There is a power in the Book of Mormon to perfect us and protect us! Our family needs those blessings! The whole world needs those blessings! Just like President Monson told Sister Dibb: Those promises “are everything!”

I rededicated myself this weekend to not be afraid to boldly declare my testimony to the world!

Anyway, there I go again just rambling. So this week! We had a wonderful week! Zone Conference was on Wednesday. (How spoiled am I!) It was great! Sister Winters turned 81yrs old so we brought her balloons and watermelon (her favorite). We’ve had several new investigators. Martin and Suzzy are both progressing again. I told you how they both said they would get baptized, just not yet. ha ha. We’re working on it. I love them both dearly! We’re spoiled with a wonderful ward! They are more than willing to help us! We’re just trying to turn the tables. We are more than willing to help them. Missionary work is so much more effective when the members do the finding and the missionaries do the teachings.

Speaking of which there is a fabulous article in the Ensign this month about Members doing Missionary Work. I’m going to challenge you all to read it! And apply something you learn. Return and report to me next week! ha ha

I have to go but I love you lots!
Sister Painter

1 comment:

Holli and Corey Walton said...

I thought Elder Hollands talk was powerful as well. In fact I had to rewind it just so Corey could listen to it.