Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

FAITH. . .

Hello Family! Good news and bad news.

Good news first! This week was AMAZING! It really was! There is a promise in Preach My Gospel that says that your faith will increase as you find those who have been prepared to receive the gospel. And Sister Thacker and I decided it was time to put that to the test and guess what! It worked!

We REALLY wanted 20 lessons this week, which for some reason has been difficult in this area. But we told the Lord we were going to make it a matter of faith and that we were willing to work for it. And it happened! 23 lessons! We also were able to find several new investigators.
Believe it or not it was pretty much the easiest thing ever! Faith works! There was one day we were doubting and we said, “okay, expect miracles.” And we saw so many! My faith has definitely increased and I know the Lord is close at hand in this work and is just waiting for us to ask. How many times does he say, “Ask and ye shall receive?”

Now the bad news. Sister Thacker got transferred. Right when we got it figured out. Typical huh! ha ha. Sister Martineau and I are now companions. This is her last transfer before she goes home. Plus, she already served in Fairfield for a whole year! So I know we can get a lot done! It will be good.

I want you to know that I’m so grateful for the peace this gospel brings. I feel it practically everyday! The world seems to be getting more and more tumultuous and scary. But peace is possible and it comes when we humble ourselves enough to “just ask.” I’m so grateful for His love for us!

I love you all! Thanks for being amazing!
Sister Painter

Ps Mom and Dad I'm sending you a letter!

No comments: