Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Up's and Down's!

Dear Family. . .

It seems that every Monday when it comes time to reflect on the previous week I always think to myself, “Wow. I can’t believe you survived last week.” ha ha. No I’m kidding…sort of. I guess that is just the essence of missionary work: many ups and downs. It’s exhausting!

However, this week was really good! Mom, you’ll be glad to know I’ve been looked after. Last week at coordination I could hardly talk because I was so stuffy and… yucky. So I got a blessing, then Monday night we got a call and Sister Underwood had homemade chicken noodles soup ready and waiting. Oh man! It was the best! It reminded me of yours! So good!

We had Zone Conference this week too! It was AMAZING! President gave a training on the Old Testament Tabernacle and how we are a covenant making people. Can I just say… I miss the temple so much! Will you please go this week?! Not being able to attend for a year and a half is torture! It truly is a blessing that so many temples have been built all over the world! How blessed we are to live in these days where we can attend the temple often! So mom and dad, will you go this week? I know our family will be blessed when you do! :) (That is a true missionary commitment!)

Let’s see, other highlights this week:

-We set up a family mission plan with Bishop Striebeck and his wife. They are such wonderful people! We’ve been blessed with good leaders!

-Last night we had a large mix-and-mingle/missionary dinner with the members and less-actives! It was great! The Elders gave a lesson on how we just have to “open our mouths” as members to invite others to learn about the gospel. Its amazing how if we are just willing to say something the Lord will tell us what to say!

-It was warm this week! Beautiful for November!

-We’ve been able to meet with all of our investigators and they are doing great! Keep Mary in your prayers. She’s still having a hard time with her granddaughter. But the gospel really does bless our lives with peace in our hardest times!

-Plus so much more!

I am so sad to hear about Earl! It almost made me cry sitting here in the library reading that! It is amazing to me how much someone can influence our lives in so short a period of time. Dad, it touched my heart to know that you were one of the first on his list for his family to call. See what simple acts of service can do! And “when we are in the service of our fellow beings we are only in the service of our God.”

I definitely got blessed with the best family EVER!

I love you all lots and lots! And I love this gospel! And this work!
Sister Painter

Oh one quick note, we’re having some issues with the Cincinnati Postal Service. Sheesh. Anyway, will you let people know to send mail to my apartment as often as they can and just be aware of when transfers are coming up and not to send anything like the week before. If you send it to the mission office address it will probably take much longer to get to me now. Just so you know.

No comments: