Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leaves, Trees, and Charity

*Warning: Short Letter

This week was crazy! But it was so much fun! Sister Martineau and I are doing really well. She goes home in 5 weeks! So we’re making the best of our time!

The leaves changed and they are beautiful! Actually, they are almost gone now. If you blinked you might have missed them!

On Saturday we helped with RASKALS: Random Acts of Simple Kindness Affecting Local Seniors. Basically, we raked LOTS of leaves with the youth of the ward. It was a blast! But I am so sore! It must mean I’m getting old.

This week we made so many member visits! Sister Martineau served her for a year before she left so there were people she wanted to see, and Sister Thacker had lots of people she wanted to say good-bye to before she left. So basically we’ve been running around like crazy.

Personally, I learned so much this week! In PMG it repeats that we should “earnestly be seeking gifts of the spirit.” This week I asked for help with the gift of charity and it was SUCH a blessing! It has helped me dramatically in our companionship as well as my desire to work harder. Heavenly Father is just waiting for us to seek Him and He wants so badly to bless us. We are so blessed! Especially to have the Spirit! It amazes me sometimes. I think we live far beneath our privileges when it comes to seeking gifts of the Spirit!

So here’s your commitment for the week: Will you study and seek for a specific gift of the Spirit?! I know there are lots of good talks on LDS.org and other great discourses in the scriptures! I know that the Lord will bless us when we do!

I love you lots! And I LOVE this work! I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives!
Sister Painter

No comments: