Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!






Dear Family:

Oh my goodness! We had the best week EVER!

Miracles, Miracles, Miracles. I have the biggest testimony that this truly is the Lord’s work! We are simply His missionaries (not just us full-time missionaries…all of us)! And if we live worthy and willing He will use our little “uncelestial souls” (Elder Holland quote) to do great things. Ah! I can’t even tell you how much I LOVE this work!



Miracles, Miracles, Miracles. So last week we doubled our investigator pool. This week it doubles again! 2… 4… and now we have 8 official investigators! Ha ha! Just wait until next week! I think I was telling you a few weeks ago how this branch just needed some healing and not just concerning missionary work. It’s been great to watch the process. The Atonement works! And not just on an individual level! Christ should be the center of all of our relationships and organizations! What He did for us is just that powerful!



So I only have a few minutes but I’ll tell you about the people we’ve seen this week.

Judy and Shawn were former investigators. They even got to the point of having baptismal dates, but Shawn wasn’t sure he could give up his coffee and tobacco so he decided not to continue investigating. Judy didn’t want to move forward without Shawn. Well we got to see them this week and they are the sweetest people I’ve ever met! They remind me of my wonderful grandparents! When we were leaving we asked Shawn, “If God asked you to give up your coffee, would you do it.” He told us he would. So be praying for them. I know they are SO close to receiving the blessings of the gospel. They are coming to the Gladys Knight fireside with us this week. It will be perfect for them.

Sandy and Kim were really old headquarter referrals we wanted to follow up with this week. Turns out they had never been contacted to begin with (probably because Sandy was in the hospital for 6 months). Sandy is the mother, and Kim is the daughter, they both are a little older. We knocked on their door and they let us right in. They told us about the last few years of their lives and the struggles their family has been in, particularly the death of Kim’s 16 year old daughter. What an incredible feeling it was to share passages of the Book of Mormon with them and bear testimony that they would be able to see Hailey again. They are super excited to read the Book of Mormon and I’m excited for them.

Mary is doing great too! We had some really good lessons with her this week about what the Gospel really means and the importance of Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and continuing to live these principles for the rest of our lives. Heavenly Father truly has a perfect plan!

Anyway, we’ve been blessed this week! It has just been so much fun! (Even in the rain!) The country is beautiful! I love tracting out here! Ha ha!

Happy Birthday Brittany! There is something in the mail for you. You’ll probably get it in a few days. And tell Grandpa Boyd I’m praying for him still!

Tell Kristi congrats! I'm SUPER excited for her! We'll get home around the same time! Crazy huh! Anna is being such a good sport!

Thanks for your emails! I love them! And I love you! I’ll talk to you next week!

Luv you lots!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister Painter

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Beautiful picture, Carlee! I love the canvas of trees and all the greenness.