Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Glorious!


We'll Bring the World His Truth. . .

Hi Family!

It’s another rainy, spring day in Wilmington, Ohio. Oh man, it is BEAUTIFUL here! It really is something spectacular. I’m going to really miss the trees when I return to the desert. I’ll have to try and catch some pictures to send next week.

Well last week was definitely an adjustment period. It’s a whole change of pace here, both in the people and in the work. It’s a bit difficult to come here from a thriving ward, but I’m excited for the challenge. Plus, I’ve really been blessed to work with some strong leaders in my other areas which will come in handy here.

Some fun facts about Sister Cahoon:

Hometown: Hesperia, CA
Before the mission: Working as a substitute teacher in CA.
Family: Youngest of 5 kids
Favorite Food: Spaghetti
Favorite Color: Blue
Craziest thing she has done on her mission: Barked at a dog
Favorite things about the mission: Focusing on others

The branch here needs a lot of healing. Sister Cahoon and I both have a strong conviction that helping them learn to love missionary work will heal a lot of those wounds. There is a joy that I’ve felt doing this work that is completely incomparable to any other feeling. As Russ would say, “It’s glorious.” I used to make fun of him for saying that word a hundred times in every letter he sent, but it’s so true! The best word to describe it is glorious!

Church yesterday was a lot of fun, especially since we got to teach Priesthood. How often do girls get to say that? Ha ha. Oh man, those men were stone faced for the first ten minutes, well up until I accidentally called Sister Druck, Sister Drunk! Ahh! It was awful! But it definitely lightened the mood and we had a “glorious” lesson with them. I love the feeling you get when the Spirit takes over your words and you speak exactly what the Lord would have you say. Its seriously is addicting. We were able to bear strong testimony that this is truly the Lord’s work and he is laboring here alongside us.

Our one investigator is doing really well. (Yes, I said one.) She has a baptismal date for July. It will be a long road, but like I said the Lord is close by. Needless to say, our goal is to find new investigators (and lots of them).

Thanks for your encouragement and support. I have the best family in the world! Tell Grandpa Boyd I’m praying for him. He really is a strong spirit to overcome so much pain! What a good example!

I’m glad Sister Manwaring called you. She is a doll. I love her lots!

Thanks for the Emails and the card I got this week. We laughed at the map of Wilmington on it. Oh, and thanks for the flowers. They were beautiful!

I love ya! Lots and lots!

Until next week…

Sister Painter

P.S.
One quick funny for the week. We got a call from our district leader one night informing us of a tornado warning coming right for us, he gave us some quick instructions and hung up. Sister Cahoon turned to me and said, “I’ve never lived through a tornado before.” Ah ha ha… Good thing she’s never died in one either. Hopefully we live through all of them yet to come.

No comments: