Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Gratitude!




Dear Family:

You know those moments that your heart is just overflowing with gratitude? Well this is one of those moments. I was reading through your emails and I just thought to myself, “I have so many blessings!” Seriously! I can’t keep up with all of them. Where much is given, much is required, and I’ve been given so much. But I’m grateful! I really am! I love serving a mission! Almost more than that- I love knowing I’m where the Lord wants me, when He wants me here, doing what He wants me to do. The peace and confidence I feel in knowing that was worth all it took to get here.

All of our investigators are doing well. There are small, slow steps of progress. But we just have to glory in those little miracles anyway. Sometimes I wish I could just do it like the old days and stand on the corner of a busy street and sing the song that’s in my heart and testify in a loud voice for all to hear. I think Cincinnati would give me a ridiculous look. Maybe I’ll do it anyway. Ha Ha.

I appreciate that quote you sent about faith! You were right on Mom with what I’ve been contemplating this week. Maybe it’s because we share brain waves, even across the country. :)

Faith in something greater than ourselves enables us to do what we have said we'll do. . .to press forward when we are tired or hurt or afraid. . . to keep going when the challenge seems overwhelming and the course is entirely uncertain.
Gordon B. Hinckley

Leave it to President Hinckley. But I know it’s true. I was studying “conversion” this week and was reminded that we aren’t truly converted until our faith has been tested and tried, even over a lifetime. Will we really hang on to the rod and walk through the midst of darkness? Will we cease murmuring and start counting our blessings when the going gets tough? Faith is an assurance in something that has yet to be seen, the blessings to come after the trial. But if we endure well, if we do the things we said we’ll do (specifically keep our covenants) we will see the fruits of that faith because “Heavenly promises are always kept.” That truth is the same for me and for our family as it is for our investigators. We just have to have faith.

Lots of blessings. Lots and lots of blessings. I love you!

Thanks for being such great blessings!

Sister Painter

We finally tried Skyline Chili! Its famous Cincinnati cuisine!
Sister Savage took us for dinner this week.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

No wonder you're worried about a double chin Carlee. Look at all that cheese and chili.