Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Columbus Mission. . .Here I Come!

Dear Family:

Guess what! Sister Cahoon and I made it through the BIG transfer! So guess what else! I’m going to be in the Columbus Mission! Wahoo! Not that Charleston would have been bad, but they don’t have a temple so I’m a little bias. Columbus Temple here I come! We are super excited. That also means that we’ll be here in Wilmington the next 9 weeks. Sister Cahoon is especially grateful because she didn’t want to go to a new area for her last transfer. So that’s the good news, the really sad news is that half of our district got transferred to “the other side” so they’ll be in a whole different mission. We were so sad because this was the best district we had ever been in. Oh well… on to new adventures.

The other good news: No tornados this week. Phew.

Wilmington is doing excellent! We’ve been blessed to teach some of the neatest people! Seriously! Oh! I have to tell you the best part of our Memorial Day holiday. So the branch put on a Memorial Day Branch Picnic at the church with lots of food, games, etc. Well they just happened to have some sidewalk chalk there. When I saw it I remembered something someone told me, I think it was Tyler Cottrell, about how in Washington D.C. they would draw out the Plan of Salvation with sidewalk chalk while they were street contacting. So I thought this would be a great opportunity. I enlisted some help and we drew out the Plan of Salvation in the church parking lot. It was fabulous! The best part about it was when David, our 17 year old investigator, came over and I taught him the whole Plan of Salvation lesson! Ha ha.

Oh man! Brittany! Way to share the gospel! That is really neat that Chloe’s mom is letting the missionaries come over. Just keep being a good example to Chloe!

And tell Taylor congrats! He’ll love that mission! There was a sister missionary that returned home from that same mission while I was in West Chester. She would come out with us all of the time and gave us a lot of good ideas. They are having a ton of success out there! From the sounds of it their mission president is really great!

It sounds like all is well at home. I sure love you lots! Here’s a parting quote: (one of my favorites!)

"God loves us. He is watching us. He wants us to succeed. We will know someday that He has not left one thing undone for the eternal welfare of each of us. If we only knew it, heavenly hosts are pulling for us-friends in heaven we cannot now remember, who yearn for our victory. This is our day to show what we can do-what life and sacrifice we can daily, hourly, instantly, make for God. If we give our all, we will get His all from the greatest of all." Ezra Taft Benson

Thanks for all you do! Keep praying for no more tornados! :)

Sister Painter

No comments: