Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 6th of July. . .


Dear Family:

Happy 6th of July! Ha ha. It didn’t occur to us that the library would be closed yesterday. Oh well. Thanks for being patient. And thanks for all of the pictures Dad! It looked like you had a good holiday! We did too! Although we didn’t get to see any fireworks, we heard lots of them. :)

We met President Jensen and the assistants this week. He is very nice and it sounds like they are doing lots of really great things in the mission, so I’m excited. Plus, WE GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE! I am super, super excited for that! But I think I told you that already. :)

We had a pretty hectic week, but it was so good! I have to tell you the highlight! We were visiting Judy and somehow the conversation turned to marriage. She opened up and told us that her hope and dream is that, even though it will be awhile down the road, that she and Shawn will be baptized and that they will be able to be sealed in the temple. It was so tender! I love her dearly and admire her patience. Shawn is doing really well, but he is still hung up on a few things. I know with Judy’s quiet faith miracles will happen! They really want to drive up to the temple and walk around the grounds. I think that would really help Shawn to be able to feel the Spirit there. We’ve been so blessed to have temples so readily available to us. I know the summer is crazy but will you find some time to attend a session after the reunion this week? It will help with all the craziness.
Okay, lots of items of business to cover really quick…

First, new mission office address.

Don’t send anything else to the Ferguson Dr. address.

The Columbus Ohio Mission Office address is:

19 Clairdan Dr. Powell, OH 43065.

You can also use their P.O. Box too:

P.O. Box 939 Powell, OH 43065.


Also, they are on a different schedule so the next transfer date is on August 5 and will be every six weeks after that. They have transfers on Thursday so it doesn’t interfere with preparation day anymore. No more Tuesday emails unless it’s a holiday. Yay!

Speaking of emails, I’m not sure yet if I will be able to email next week because WE’RE GOING TO THE TEMPLE! Wahoo! But when we do that we switch our preparation day to the day we’re going. The distance it is from here it will probably take the whole time. In all honestly, we’re still trying to figure out a whole new set of rules, so I’m not sure yet. But if that’s all the case I won’t be able to send an email next week. Don’t panic. :)
Oh and before I forget, I asked Bro. and Sis. McCleod about their truck. They bought in St. George about three years ago. They laughed when I told them they bought it from my family. Small world. Was there anything else you wanted me to ask them?

It’s been a crazy week. Lots of adjusting. But I’m grateful because the Spirit really does increase our capacities. Heavenly Father can truly make more of ourselves than we can. I love having that guiding influence in my life. Sorry for the scatter-brained email.

I love you all lots and lots! Until next week…

Sister Painter

P.S. The pictures are of Miley and Hunter Walls and me. They have become substitute little sisters while I'm here. ha ha. It helps because they look just like Brittany!

No comments: