Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, July 26, 2010

I love, love, love family history!


Dear Family:

Ah! You met the Robbins! Aren’t they amazing! I’ll tell you what… every time he gave some kind of instruction or training from the scriptures it blew my mind! He knows the gospel and he knows how to teach… and I love them both! I am so glad you got to meet them.

So we have had a fabulous week! First off, I have to talk about the temple of course. It has had a lasting impact on me, my companion, and Judy! Oh it is so cute! Judy told us this week that she is planning on driving the hour and a half up there again sometime next week just so she can sit and think. I love, love, love her! AND…

I love, love, love family history! Ha ha. A bit random I know, but seriously it’s amazing! I think everyone we are teaching has caught the family history bug! Jennifer, a recent convert (and one of the most amazing people in the world!), started it and now our whole gospel principles class can’t wait to share what they’ve found during the week with the rest of the class. Ha ha. The Spirit of Elijah is powerful! Sister Glaser has been so helpful and the new family search is sweet! We have been so blessed with technology I can hardly believe it. I have to admit when we are at the family history center we all sound like a bunch of squealing 13 year old girls. Ha ha. We just keep finding all of these miracles. It’s a blast! Mom, I’m super excited to come work on Grandpa’s line with you. I have to encourage anyone reading this to start finding your family! It is incredible addictive, I think it’s because when we feel the Spirit we can’t ever get enough of it.

So yeah, temples and family history. Just do it.

Oh I have to tell you about Mary! Mary Greene is our only other progressing investigator right now, but she has the best little family! Her 8 year old son accept the invitation to be baptized last winter so he got baptized and is just waiting for the rest of his family to follow. Mary is like the big sister I never had. Ha ha. I love her lots! Jim is a truck driver so we don’t see him very often, but he did make it to church yesterday! Wahoo! Mary said he was ready to go before she was (miracle)! We just have to work on wedding plans with the two of them.

I think the best thing about a mission is watching the change that comes into individual’s lives when they choose to follow the Savior. It is a tender experience to be able to witness that. And not just in individual lives, but in families too.

I sure love our family! We’ve been so blessed with each other and the gospel! Thanks for everything you do! Thanks for all the pictures Dad. It looked like Scout Camp was fun. Brandon is SO tall! Ah! I’m pretty sure I’ll never win another wrestling match ever again. Ha ha.

I love you!

Sister Painter

P.S. Tell Grandma Zoma thanks for the treat money. We had pizza delivered for our scripture study class! They all say thanks too! :)

P.P.S. The pictures are of 1) Sister Cahoon and I when we were lost in "the middle of nowhere." ha ha
2) Judy and I in the church garden
3) Mary, Sister Cahoon, and Jimmy (8yr old)




This is Sister Robbin's at their homecoming yesterday. Tom, Brandon, Brittany and I all went to Kearns to hear their report. It was a wonderful meeting and we enjoyed getting to meet them and hear how wonderful Sister Painter is doing.

No comments: