Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, August 9, 2010

I love this work! And I love being a missionary!


Dear Family:

Guess what! Judy finally accepted a baptism date! Wahoo! She is amazing! Sister Cahoon’s last day she extended the challenge! We are so excited for her. September 25! Keep her in your prayers!

Oh and more good news! I’m staying in Wilmington! I didn’t get transferred. Wahoo! I love it out here! Sister Sunderland is my new companion. She is from Rupert, ID. (Yay for Idaho!) She is originally a Columbus Missionary so we’ve had an adventure the last few days figuring out all the things our missions did differently. ha ha. It’s been good though. She is wonderful! I expect many good things to happen.

So I was having a conversation with Sister Druck yesterday that made me laugh. She is a return missionary so we like to talk “mission stories” together… ha ha. She was saying how she recently reread the letters she wrote home and she had to laugh because they were so “sickly spiritual.” I laughed and laughed because I know mine probably sound like that too. But I hope you know they are 100% sincere! I love this work! And I love being a missionary!

We had a fun experience this week that I have to share. Our branch covers more than a county of these teeny tiny little towns (which we are lost in frequently). One of those little towns was hosting an “Old Fashion Fair” and the Taylor family invited us to go with them. It was so much fun! Besides all the homemade treats, we challenged each of the Taylors (kids included) to pass out a pass-along card. They were little contacting machines! It was a beautiful sight. It just goes to show how easy it is to share the gospel! Steven (9 yrs old) wouldn’t go alone so I went with him. He picked the police officer and as soon as we walked up to him he froze! Ha ha… he wouldn’t speak! So I got to give the card to the police officer. Good thing he was a nice cop! Oh the things we do to share the gospel.

Thanks for all the pictures Dad! I hope they can figure something out for Ryan. Poor kid.

I love our family. I love, love, love our family! Thanks for all you do… and thanks for who you are!

I’m expecting some letters soon! :)

Sister Painter

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Carlee, I would definitely say most of your letters on this blog are "sickly spiritual"! I have to take a pill every time I read one to keep me from coming down with a case of toomuchspirititis (caused by the infectious carlee virus).