Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I'm So Excited For All These Babies!

Dear Family:

I am so excited for all of these babies! Ha ha. Congrats Cindy and Kelly! He is a cute little thing! I so call him for the whole Christmas Party! Haha.

So I just read Hermana Blackhams letter to her family and she was mentioning the changes the First Presidency is making and the resulting changes in her mission. I have to agree 100% with her. There is a new spirit in this mission with the missions merging and with the changes the church is making. And just like she said, part of me wishes that these changes had been made earlier in my mission but the other part of me is grateful because of the perspective I have now. It’s just a testimony to me that we are always learning and growing and it really is amazing! I am really grateful that I have the opportunity to be here, now. I am learning so much! I love every day I have!

We have had so many miracles this week. My favorite thing about my missionary service has been watching how the Lord works in our lives. It is incredible! Have I told you about “Uncle Francis,” one of our investigators? He is Frank and Linda Craig’s uncle who is living with them now. We were slowly teaching him the lessons but he can’t hardly hear or see. We invited him to be baptized but he said he wanted to get all of his surgeries out of the way first. He had ten surgeries in the last week! Crazy huh! But we had the sweetest experience with him.

The day after he came home we went to visit; he sat down with us and said “Sisters. I’ve had a lot of time to think and pray lately. I really want to be baptized. It just feels good.” It was so tender. Here he was all bandaged up and all he wanted was to get baptized. I know he felt the comfort of the Lord during his surgeries and he just knew that baptism was the right thing to do. AND Frank Craig will have the priesthood by then and will be able to baptize him. Wahoo! Miracles.

Judy is coming along great. Shawn has still been a little standoffish about baptism because of his previous experience. But we strongly feel like he could be ready to be baptized with Judy. We invited him to pray about it and reassured him that we know he could be ready. He could use lots of prayers right now. They are an amazing couple. You have to meet them one day!

I love this gospel so much! It is the best thing ever! My body is a little sore from chopping wood for four hours on Saturday. Ha ha. But my spirit couldn’t be happier!

I love you lots!

Sister Painter

No comments: