Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving Week!


Dear Family:

Happy Thanksgiving Week family! Thanksgiving is my favorite Holiday! I love it! I love the food and I love the feeling. And since President Monson has counseled us to be more grateful here are some things I’m grateful for this week:

-Going to the temple on Tuesday! It was amazing!

-Parents who write me letters and emails! I love you!

-Sister Sunderland and Sister Lytle keeping me sane and who keep me laughing!

-The Spirit testifying of the Plan of Salvation to Homer and David! (two teenage boys we’re teaching!)

-Meeting Jeremy who just moved in from New Jersey. The Elders helped him pack his things and left him a Book of Mormon. He is so excited to read it!

-Of course, the Book of Mormon! It really is the pure word of God! I’m in one of those phases right now where I just can’t put it down. I love it! I’m grateful for the peace and understanding it brings me.

-President and Sister Jensen! They are wonderful! We had a leadership training with President Jensen and he made me think of Christ-like attributes in a whole different way.

-Wilmington Branch! I was sitting in church during Sacrament Meeting reflecting on how much I LOVE this branch and how grateful I am for the opportunity to serve here.

-I am especially grateful for covenants. God gives us covenants because the point us in the direction of real, lasting happiness!

I love this gospel! It makes me smile… all of the time… even when I feel miserable I always have something to smile about! This is your challenge for the week: come up with a list of all the things you are grateful for then make one copy and post it in the house somewhere and make another copy to send to me! Gratitude brings the Spirit, and the Spirit brings peace and contentment, and peace and contentment make for a happy home!

Lots of love!
Sister Painter

P.S. How funny is that, that Taylor was Sister Lytle’s zone leader in the MTC!
P.P.S. Elder Upton still has my card reader. I'll send ya pictures next week.

No comments: