Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, November 15, 2010

I Love Being A Missionary!


Hi everyone:

Well, I think winter has finally arrived here in Provo. We woke up to snow this morning. I guess we should just be grateful for the moisture we are receiving. It is the season to remember just how thankful we are for all we have and we are so blessed.

I had a few of you ask for the address to our chapel for Carlee's homecoming. It is on the corner of Foothill Drive and Canyon Road in Provo. The address is: 4525 North Canyon Road (345 East). The easiest way to get there is get on Center Street in OREM and follow it all the way East until you get to Canyon Road. (about five miles from I-15). We are in the Sherwood Hills Ward. We will be at our home after the meeting if you would like to come up and visit with Carlee, she would love to see you.

Our home address is 798 Redford Drive, Provo, UT. . .#801-224-1502 if you have any questions. (Just follow Foothill Drive up the hill after you pass Canyon Road and we are the 3rd Street on the Right).

Just a reminder that her Homecoming talk is on Sunday, December 12th at 9:00 am.

Have a great week and thanks for all the support.

LaDawn





Dear Family:

I LOVE being a missionary! I love the flow of knowledge that has come into my life over the last 18 months. I think I can officially say I’m addicted to learning! It has been such an amazing experience.

I don’t have a lot of time but I have to at least give you the highlights of the week. On Monday we took a trip with Jen down to Jungle Jims. It’s the huge international grocery store that happens to be… in Fairfield! It was crazy to be driving through my first area again. And completely unexpectedly we ran into the Fairfield Elders. Missionary party in Jungle Jims!

Of course, I asked them how Mary was doing since I hadn’t heard from her in a while and guess what! They gave me permission to go see her! It was the best day of my life! She was shocked when we knocked at her door. Ha ha. But it was wonderful to see her again! She’s doing so well! She is on her third time reading the Book of Mormon and she wants to be baptized so bad. Unfortunately, since I left she’s been in and out of the hospital and when she told her son and her brother about her intentions to get baptized they completely disowned her. So she is coping with that, but is determined to get baptized soon. I love her so much! I love the light of the gospel that just glows from her. It’s amazing to the changes of people over time! It was a very unique and special experience for me. I love that woman! I have a picture but our district leader is borrowing my card reader so I’ll be sure to include it next week.

The other highlight of the week would have to be SISTER’S CONFERENCE! We were finally able to have one! We have 23 sisters in the mission right now which is more than we’ve ever seen! It was wonderful to be able to meet some of them that we’ve heard all about and get to know them. Sister Jensen hosted it at the mission home so we all carpooled to Columbus and spent the night there. For two days we listened to presentations from each companionship and learned from each other. The Spirit was amazing! I am going to miss the fellowship of these sisters so much! Good thing for the Relief Society program. It is definitely inspired!

The other highlight, we are the defending champions of the Golden Plates Award. We won it again this month… take that Elders!

Like I said, I love being a missionary! I wouldn’t trade this experience for the world.

Lots of love! I wish you the best keeping up with your busy schedules (Don’t forget Pres. Uchtdorf’s counsel from last conference J).

Sister Painter

1 comment:

Holli and Corey Walton said...

I can;t believe your coming home next month! Glad time flies. Wish I could see you then...But summer for sure as long as you are not on another adventure