Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Sacrament Meeting Talks


November 1, 2010

Mom, you are inspired! Thanks for sending those excerpts of that article. That exact thing has been on my mind a lot lately. Actually, I had an epiphany in the shower this morning (I know… odd place) that we, as missionaries, are all called to specific places to serve for specific reasons. In hindsight I realized I might be here for a different reason than I originally thought. But just like it said, “Have you dedicated your work and your mission to the Lord yet? If you have, then stop fretting. This is His work, not yours. He knows what He is doing even when you can not see the results. You put in the time, energy, belief and study and leave the results up to Him who knows and sees all.” That is something I need to do more of: just do my best and trust Him with the rest.

Oh and oddly enough, what you learned in Sacrament had the same theme of the talk I gave in Sacrament here, yesterday. Crazy huh! We got a call early in the week from the branch president who was desperate for some last minute speaking replacements for Sacrament meeting. Our assignment was to pick a general conference talk that stood out to us but to speak on how we are applying it in our lives.

Surprisingly, it was actually a tough assignment! Since there was absolutely no way I could choose just one talk I ended up with three of my favorites: Bishop Edgley’s Faith-The Choice is Yours, Elder Scott’s The Transforming Power of Faith and Character, and President Eyring’s Trust God, Then Go and Do. What powerful talks! I would highly recommend a thorough study of them.

The theme I found was the power and purpose of faith and how we need to choose to act in faith, especially when we experience trials challenging our testimonies. That is something I’ve come to realize during the duration of my mission that when my testimony gets challenged the best thing I can do is open the Book of Mormon with a prayer in my heart and read until I receive another witness of the Spirit that its true, and likewise that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet. There is so much I wish I had time to tell you but all I can do is invite you to study those talks again! They are amazing.

Mom, you are so cool. Thanks for all of your insights. And Dad, thanks for your letters. I love them! You’ll have to get your missionary journal typed up.
I love you lots!

Sister Painter

No comments: