Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, August 24, 2009

I LOVE WITNESSING THE LORDS HAND IN HIS WORK!

Hi Mom...and Dad...and Family...and Friends!

Here let me answer all of mom's questions:
How has your week gone? Super! Oh man! I LOVE this work! But it’s hard. It never ceases to amaze me how many ups and downs you can have in a week, or even a day! No wonder we're so exhausted every night!

Do you seem to be getting the hang of Missionary work by now? I don't know if you ever can. I don't think I ever will. The work is always changing, always something different to be working on. The biggest difference from Week 1 to now is my change of heart. I can't believe I've been so blessed to be here!

Do you have to send in weekly reports, or what did you need the thumb drive for? Weekly Reports.

How is it going with all your investigators? Hmmm. Well they've all seemed to drop off the face of the earth the last two weeks. Bummer deal. But that just means the Lord has something else for us to do. More to come...

Were you able to get the Tabernacle CD to the little lady in the rest home? Yes! And she loved it! I'll attach the photo we took with her this week! She's such a cutie! She's had it rough, but we love her!

How is the weather? Still Raining? ha ha... yep. We don't know what to expect from one day to the next. Sometimes it’s hot and humid. Sometimes is cold and windy. We just wake up every morning and guess. :)

Are your shoes holding up okay? Oh they are great!

Do you have to wear nylons? Not yet! Wahoo! I'm SO grateful!

Did you get your package from home? PACKAGE?!?! No! If you sent it to the mission home I won't get it till zone conference. (Send them to my apartment if it’s not close to transfer’s week)

Do you need anything this week? Nope. Thanks though. You are wonderful! Oh wait, lots of letters! Always need letters! :)

Sorry about all the questions. Yeah sheesh Mom. Just kidding, I love you!

Can I just say, I LOVE this work! I know I say that a lot, but it's true! I definitely have been recruited into lifetime missionary service! I'm way excited!

We've had a crazy week. Like I said, the majority of our investigators sort of dropped off the face of the earth. They are around we just can't get in to see them. So we've been doing a lot of less-active work, one of the most difficult yet rewarding experiences I think. For example, Friday we saw several less-actives and basically lost hope. Several of them have joined other churches or are influenced by the adversary in other ways. One of them was telling us (lecturing more so) about the group they were apart of now and honestly I couldn't help but think they were modern day Zoramites. Everything Alma describes the Zoramites to be this group is: 1) the chosen people 2) with no need for a Savior 3) and founded on pride. It made me so sad! It's incredible that Satan is teaching the same philosophies now as he did thousands of years ago.

It’s been difficult, but we see tender mercies all along the way. And I LOVE witnessing the Lord’s hand in this work. For example, just the next day we were checking up on a young lady named Nicole who was on the ward list, but no one in the ward had any idea who she was. When we arrived at her apartment she wasn’t home but her roommate Shannon was. Right about the time Sister Thacker got out the words, “Sister Missionaries from the…” she said, “I know I’m one of you.” Oh yeah? Well that was news to us. She invited us in and pretty soon told us her story. She grew up in the church, baptized at eight, and was even married in the temple. However, her marriage ended in ugly divorce right about the time her mother passed away. She explained to us how she became pretty angry with God and how she felt her ward was judging her instead of helping her. So she stopped going to church, moved several times and “got lost.” Oh man it was such a testimony builder to me that the Lord is watching over each of His children. We had NO idea she was there, but the Lord did. And the Lord sent us when the time was right for her. After several years of attending another church she told us that she’s been thinking a lot about the gospel and wondering what she should do. She knew that we were there that day for her. The Lord loves each of His children and He is aware of each of their needs. This is His work, and we get to be apart of it!!!

I sure love you! Thanks for all the love and support! I've been so blessed to have you in my life!

Sister Painter

No comments: