Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, August 31, 2009

It's Been Quite The Week. . .

August 30, 2009

Hello from the Ohio!

Man, it is beautiful here! It's not raining, and it’s not 90 degrees in 90% humidity either. Oh the blessings! It actually feels like autumn is coming.

This week has been... you know I don't think any one word would describe it. Rough. Exciting. Hard. Rewarding. Painful... ha ha. Yeah that sounds like our week.

Highlights: We had a wonderful Zone Conference! Elder Packer of the Seventy was our visiting authority and he and his wife were wonderful! It was delightful to have them! Elder Packer shared a lot of what Elder Holland spoke at in the MTC about teaching by the Spirit. That is the main push from the missionary department. I think it is because now we have all the resources with Preach My Gospel we just have to start implementing them and making the work more effective. Exciting huh!

We also had Stake Conference this week which was very edifying. AND we got Sister Price to come! She's a less-active who I LOVE! We convinced her to give us a ride so she came with us. :) I attached the picture with her and Sister T. and I.

Lowlights for the week: Well, I'll only share one. Pretty sure it defies all the laws of physics. (Don't quote that to Jim cause there are probably lots of laws that made it quite possible.) So I stepped on a pen on Saturday. What I mean to say is that I actually put a hole in my foot with a pen. Yep. I'm not sure how it happened, somehow I stood up from the couch and took a step just in time for the pen to fall and catch underneath my foot with the tip entering my foot. OUCH! Sister Robbins said I basically I got a tattoo on the mission...ha ha. Who else can say that? I'll include a picture of that too. You can't really tell but it went in there deep! eck.

I love this work, even when it's hard. Sister Thacker and I memorized this little poem a few weeks back and it came in really handy this week. :)

It's easy enough to be pleasant,
When life flows by like a song.
But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile
When everything goes dead wrong.

For the test of the heart is trouble,
And it always comes with the years.
But the smile that’s worth the praises of the earth
Is the smile that shines through tears.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Keep going! Keep smiling! No matter how hard it gets. Why? Because just like I said last week: Heavenly Father loves us! And is aware of each of us. There is nothing we can't do with Him on our side!
I love you!

Sister Painter

PS: Isn't that goose picture the best picture you've ever seen! ha ha! See... we're all out doing the work!

No comments: