Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, August 17, 2009

This Truly Is A Great Time To Be Alive!

August 17, 2009

Hello from the Ohio!

My goodness! I LOVE this gospel! I wish I could describe in words how grateful I am for the blessings we have on the earth today! This truly is a great time to be alive! I feel like I have to repeat this all day to people. Everyone is starting to sense the danger in the wickedness we are seeing around us. I don’t know if it’s because we live in Cincinnati and there are several deaths reported on the news daily or if it’s because the whole world seems to be on a downward spiral. But the fact of the matter is: we have a loving Heavenly Father and he isn’t going to let the evil outweigh the good. We promise people on a daily basis that there is greater good now then there ever was before and it’s in the gospel of Jesus Christ!

It’s hard though. Some people just don’t want to listen. I’m starting to understand even just a little how the prophets of old must have felt! We’ve been meeting with a sweet lady named Betty. Betty is feeling so weighed down in life. Everything is going wrong, and she is discouraged and depressed. We keep offering her the cherished fruits of the gospel: peace, comfort, joy. But she won’t believe us, no matter how much we testify! And it breaks my heart! On the other hand, some people are finally prepared to hear what we have to say. It seems the economy downshift has “compelled” many to be humble. We decided to stop by a former investigator’s house the other day. The missionaries had stop seeing her over a year ago, but Sister Thacker and I felt prompted to go over anyway. When we got there her mother-in-law said she was busy so we walked down to a neighboring member’s house. On our way back to the car Heather (the former investigator) was out in her yard waiting for us. She had her Book of Mormon and Bible ready and she expressed to us that she was ready to make some changes in her life. It was so tender! She’s had a rough life, but she’s ready to change. She’s realized the need for God in the world, and is ready to invite him into her own life! Yay!

Last night we had another “cottage meeting” at the Jungkunz’s (dinner and a lesson). All of our dear Ghanaians made it and another investigator of ours, Rita, was able to come. I’ll have to tell you Rita’s story later but oh how I love her! Sister Thacker and I had the lesson this month so we had a wonderful discussion about prayer. Oh man, of course that lesson was just for me!

Oh! I almost forgot! Earlier this week during ward coordination Brother Jungkunz had the idea for Sister Thacker and me to receive blessings for the “gift of tongues” so that we could be able to communicate with Suzzy better. What a great idea! We could use all the help we can get! Ha ha. So we asked the Elders in our ward yesterday and we both received a blessing. It always astounds me how aware the Lord is of us and our needs. I am so grateful to know I have a Heavenly Father who gives many “good gifts!” Ironically, one of the scriptures we got to use in our lesson for the cottage meeting: Matt. 7:7-11! All we have to do is ask! “Ask and ye shall receive!” The Lord knows how to give good gifts to those who ask. I’m so excited to see what happens with Suzzy, and I’m also grateful for the reminder to always turn to the Lord in humble prayer. (Prayer is easy; it’s the humble part I’m working on!)
Oh man, this letter was all over the place. I think I’m just very longwinded, and I think faster than I type. I’m sorry. I don’t even have time to share the funnies for the week, which is really to bad because we have some good ones! Ha ha! Maybe next week!

Family, I love you so much! Thank you for being so wonderful!

Brittany! YOUR HAIR IS SO SHORT! Ha ha! That was quite a shocker. Sister Thacker just laughed at me when she saw how I reacted. I love it though! It’s super cute!

Sister Painter!

No comments: