Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Amazing things are happening!

Dear Family:

Due to unfortunate circumstances I don’t have time right now but…

Guess what! We had six investigators at church yesterday! Plus, a few potential investigators! Plus, some less-actives! Plus, WONDERFUL members who took care of them all! Oh it was fabulous! AND we got our 20 lessons this week! Yes, it was definitely a good week! We’ve been blessed!

I know that there is a God. I know that He truly is our loving Heavenly Father and He wants us to come to Him, to get to know Him, and to do His work. It’s not always easy, but it is definitely worth it. I just want you to know that I love Him, dearly. And I’m grateful that I’ve been given this opportunity to “jump start” my personal missionary efforts for the rest of my life.

I was reading through 2 Nephi 4 today and I feel so much like Nephi.

My soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard. Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities. I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me. And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins…

Nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted. My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions… Oh Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever.

This week, look for the ways the Lord’s blessed our family, especially in the little ways. (Like 6 investigators at church!)

I love you!
Sister Painter

No comments: