Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year


Dear Family:

So I was filling out an application for a library card today. It asked for my first name. I wrote “Sister.” Ha ha… no joke. I guess that means I have officially been out on my mission for long enough to forget who I am. I don’t think that is what President Hinckley’s dad had in mind when he said, “Forget yourself and get to work.” But I guess it worked. It still makes me laugh.

I hope everyone is feeling better! Kaden got the whole family sick! Ha ha. How sad! 31 out of 33 people is pretty bad odds. How are Dad and Grandma? Have they gotten over it yet?

Oh… and Happy New Year! 2010! We were in by 6:00pm to do weekly planning, went to bed at 10:30, got a full 8 hours of sleep, and 6:30am the next morning we both said, “Happy New Year!” That was how we do it missionary style.

This week was wonderful. We had some really great lessons and half of them were with members present! We love that! It’s like the cream off the top of the lesson pail. The West Chester ward is fabulous! I think I write that in my journal every night. Last night Sister Bludorn came with us to visit Michelle, Andy, and Daniel, our little Chinese family. It was so much fun. We were telling Sister Bludorn how Andy (9) never says “yes” he always says “I guess so.” So when Sister Thacker asked Andy if he wanted to start with a song and a prayer he said, “I guess.” We all chuckled. This little kid is amazing though! I love him! He read the first page of the Book of Mormon and said he didn’t understand it so we read it through with them and talked about prophets. At the end I told him, “See I told you the Book of Mormon is better than Harry Potter!” He smiled and said, “I guess so.” But they are moving back to China in a few months! We are super bummed! However, I definitely have learned that the Lord can work fast when he needs to. :)

Our other bummer… it got COLD this week! I laughed when the temperature was 13 degrees and asked Sister Thacker if she had ever seen that number. She said no. So mom, if you get a chance could you send me my underarmor pants? That would be very advantageous and if you could track down any of my black soccer socks that would be good too. :) We were laughing the other day when I left my gloves at Rosemary’s so Sister T. lent me her extra pair and I ended up leaving them at Kristen’s. I guess we’re in for a long winter. Good thing you sent some extra gloves for Christmas mom!

All of our investigators are doing so well! I just love them! And I love the diversity of people and backgrounds we are teaching. (I guess that is why I’m a psychology major. Ha ha.)

We had some wonderful lessons with Gina and her family. They are the ones from Micronesia. I’ve never seen a 17 year old so intent on learning what God’s commandments are. I love her! She’s teaching us Pinglepse. Did I mention that already? We can say hello, good bye, thank you, and good night. Pwong Muahu! We’re still teaching Ernest, and Dennis and his wife. They are all from Ghana. I love them so much! I think Africans have a greater capacity for faith! It is inspiring to me.

Yesterday Daniel (also from Ghana) came to visit the West Chester Ward. (Daniel was the one that got baptized the same day as Martin.) He got up and bore his testimony and it was powerful! I loved it! He pointed at us and said, “When the missionaries come teach you, PAY ATTENTION!” Yeah Daniel! Thanks for the plug! Ha ha.

Well all is well! Thanks for all the love and support! I love and appreciate you so much! Kaselil! (BYE!)

Sister Painter

No comments: