Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blessings Overflow!

January 26, 2010

Dear Family:

and Sister Gundersen makes three. . .



Oh my goodness! I am so happy! I have been spoiled rotten in blessings! I can’t even help but smile!

So good news! I’m not getting transferred! Even better, Sister Thacker isn’t getting transferred! And the best! We get a greenie! Sister Thacker is training Sister Gundersen and we get to be in a three-some. When I first got on my mission I NEVER wanted to be in a three-some, but last week Sister T. and I were trying to figure out how we both could possibly stay in West Chester (because neither of us wanted to leave!). Since there were only six English sisters out and we were getting two new ones we couldn’t figure out how we both could possibly stay then Sister T. realized that they could have two three-somes and keep us here! So that was what we were praying for… and it worked!

Anyway, we’re happy. Even though Sister T. and I realized we’ll have been together 7 ½ months out of the nine months I’ve been here by the end of this transfer. Good thing we get along.

AND! Ernest has a baptism date officially! Wahoo! Ernest is wonderful (another Ghanaian)! The sisters have been working with him for a long time and we’re excited about his date!

AND! We had a huge tender mercy with our good friend Adrienne (from Fairfield) this week! I wish I could tell you all about it, it definitely was one of those incredible tender mercies! Plus, I just love her.

ALSO we had such a neat experience this morning! After transfers we drove to Walmart to do our shopping and while we were there this Ghanaian woman stopped me and asked me a question. It quickly became apparent that she needed some help. She was trying to find approved foods for her assistance and she was getting really confused and frustrated. So we helped her get it all straightened out. Afterward, she was so relieved. She told us she had said a prayer asking for help and that we were an answer to that prayer. It was so sweet. In turn we explained to her that we have been sent here as God’s messengers to answer prayers. :) We talked about the Book of Mormon a little bit and about how God loves her and wants her to be happy even in a strangle land, with strange people, and strange ways of collecting food stamps. She started crying. It was a very tender experience! (I LOVE those moments!) She lives in the Elders apartment complex so we told her we would send them to her. (YAY!)

I wish I had time to tell you about every single investigator… but I don’t. I love this work SO much! It brings such a peace and happiness into my life that I haven’t felt in a long time. I love, love, love it!

And I love, love, love you!

Sister Painter

PS! Happy Birthday Dani! Ha ha… I’m glad you noticed the high school musical girls had modest dresses after Sister Thacker and I took a sharpie to your card! Ha ha! Only your sister missionary sister can do that! I love you!

PPS! Tell Michael congrats! He’ll love it! I’ll pray for his Korean! Ha ha



Some of my Ohio Families. . .