Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Carlee's In CINCINNATI OHIO!

June 30, 2009

Hello! I'm in CINCINNATI!

"Welcome to the Ohio!" Or at least that is how President Robbins greeted us! I'm here! Finally made it! And I'm excited! We stayed at President and Sister Robbins house last night. They are wonderful people! Now I'm assigned to my first companion and first area.

Sister Thacker is my trainer. She is super sweet! She's only been out for a couple of months, plus she's new to this area as well. So it's going to be a good learning experience for both of us! But we'll get the hang of it! We've already made several contacts.

We're in Fairfield, OH! Outside of Cincinnati. To be honest, neither of us know anything about it. ha ha. But I'm sure we'll find out soon! At least we found Walmart and the library.

To quickly recap, this last week at the MTC was AMAZING! Since it was the mission presidents seminar we had all of the apostles and President Monson there throughout the week. The Spirit was tremendous! On Friday night, Elder Holland spoke at our devotional. It was INCREDIBLE! He spoke on Teaching with the Spirit! The most touching part was at the very end when he looked down at the pulpit for a moment, got a little emotional, looked up and said, "Welcome to the work of angels." Then explained how this is a great work done by angels on both sides of the veil. We get to be angels to those we teach! Wow.

It was sad to say good-bye to our district and all my new friends at the MTC. But we were all excited to get to work! I sure was blessed to get to know so many wonderful missionaries! I'm especially going to miss the crazy Russian sisters that lived next door. ha ha! They were a hoot!

I love you! And I love this work!

Sister Painter

Scripture of the Week:
1 Nephi 3:7
I will go and do the things which the Lord hath command!

No comments: