Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our 1st Letter. . .She's A Missionary!

June 11, 2009

Family:

Going on 27 hours here at the MTC! And it’s Wonderful! Last night our district president gave us the piece of paper and envelope and said, “Write your parents to let them know you are here.” So, I’m here being obedient. I couldn’t help but smile though, “So Mom & Dad just so you know . . . I’m here at the MTC!”

It’s been wonderful, probably the longest day of my life with all the orientations and things to remember, but like I said – it’s wonderful! It finally struck me today that I’m a Sister Missionary!

I have a wonderful companion, her name is Sister Carter. She’s from Bountiful; she’s full of life and enthusiasm. She and the other two sisters in our district are going to the Cleveland/Kirtland Historical Sites Mission. I’m the only one going to Cincinnati (except for one other Elder). The other two sisters are great too! Sister Shumann and Sister Wright (from Lehi, Utah & Laie, Hawaii respectively). We are also roommates, but they are just the sweetest missionaries.

I’m not shell shocked yet, I’m still so excited and grateful to be here! The Lord attends us here! The Spirit is strong and you can feel the determination of all the missionaries here! This gospel truly is “good news”. It fills me with so much joy and peace!

I’ve been made the coordinating Sister in our district – kind of like the Relief Society President. I sure love the sister’s here! (Especially in my district). I sure haven’t felt alone at all. Beside my district sisters, I’ve run into so many friends here. Some are missionaries, some are teachers. But it is so fun to see everyone’s growth. I saw Sean Jackson and Shawn Merrill today –both are teachers here. The first thing that Shawn M. said to me in front of his district/class was “Aren’t you suppose to be married?” Ha-Ha, Guess not cause I’m here! :}

By the way dad, thank you for that beautiful father’s blessing. It was wonderful and has helped a lot.

Mom, Danielle & Brittany I hope you’re not still crying! Ha-Ha! Every time you start to feel sad, just shout, “Hoorah for Israel!” That’s how I feel!

Give Ryan, Brandon and Kristi a big hug for me!

I sure love you family! I would have said, “I Love You Guys”, but we aren’t supposed to say Guys.

I look forward to many letters & packages and love!!!! Don’t forget!

Love, Sister Painter

No comments: