Welcome to Sister Carlee Ann Painter's Mission Blog

This blog is for those who would like to keep updated with Carlee while she is serving her mission in Cincinnati. Her mom will be posting her letters and pictures.

For her address or any other information contact LaDawn at ladawn79@hotmail.com.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!
She'll love to read them when she gets home!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Letter #2. . .She Is Doing Great!

June 16, 2009

Family!

I made it to my first P-day! Phew! I'm glad you got my last note. You can thank our merciful Branch President! ha ha! Well I only have a few minutes so this won't be very long. The MTC is amazing! I'm incredibly blessed to be here! I know that this is where I'm supposed to be! And everyday I look more and more forward to going out into the field. We have a wonderful district! The Sisters are incredible! There are four of us together, but the other three are going to the Cleveland/Kirtland Mission. The Elders in our district are pretty great too! I'm so grateful they are more mature than some of the other Elders out there.

I can't even describe to you my love for the MTC, and for my call to serve a mission. I've been overwhelmed on a daily basis, but the Lord has blessed me through it. Every night in my prayers I keep asking him if I can do this! But every day he helps me through! Although its been good, it's been so hard! I'm quickly learning that I have so many more weaknesses that I wasn't aware of before.

Shalyn shared a thought with me in a note she wrote to me this week. Look in the Bible Dictionary under Fear. It's wonderful! It talks about how as children of God we should feel confident and never afraid. That is why he wants us to follow Him, and trust Him. He knows the way, and I can have confidence in that. Even when it comes to teaching! We taught our first lesson yesterday. It was intense! But I'm so excited to teach more. And guess what! I have a new love: the RC. It's the Referral Center where the missionaries make and take calls from people, mostly non-members, about the church or to follow up on different things. I love it. Mom, I'm sure you're shocked. My phobia of calling people on the phone still exists! But I love sharing the gospel and my testimony! It's so rejuvinating and energizing!

I seriously love having this name tag on! I get to be the Lord's representative! Oh and Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! For all of the cards, mail, packages, etc. The elders have been so jealous!

I'm so grateful for the wonderful family and friends that I have! I can feel your love and support and I appreciate it so much!

I love you!
Remember D&C 123:17!

Sister Painter

P.S. Channel changer? You can't find it. Well that's crazy it would just disappear the same day I left. I have NO idea what happened to it... or do I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carlee I hope you had something to do with the channel changer.

Courtney M